Fog Signal Station and lighthouse sits at the base of a steep cliff, very near the North anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is built on a 100-foot (30 m) long rock spur named Lime Point. The brick structure for the Lime Point Lighthouse was built in 1883 as a fog-bell signaling station. It was eventually fitted with coal powered 12-inch (300 mm) steam whistles. During operation, the facility included the fog signal building, a coal shed, water tank and a two-story keeper’s quarters. The keeper’s building was later upgraded to include a third floor. The painting measures: 60″ x 48″, oil on canvas.