Shared Space Program
Sharing space with another artist or group can work to your advantage! Visitors are drawn to clusters of artists, which will usually result in higher traffic. In addition, when each artist in the group invites from their own mailing list, many more collectors are likely to visit.
If you’re an artist seeking an alternative space, let us know so we can help you. We collect the names of interested artists and assist in matching requests as best we can, but we don’t negotiate sharing arrangements. If no suitable space is found, we’ll refund your registration fee. Studio locations must be finalized by January 30, 2022 to be included in the Tour Guide. Below are a few ideas for you to pursue.
Add your name to the list
We’ll post a list of artists looking for/offering shared space on our website. Email us to have your name added, and browse the list to make contact with other artists to organize your event.
Plan your own group open studio
Find an indoor or outdoor space, possibly a courtyard or a vacant retail space, and team up with other artists to hold a group open studio. Note: there is no “group” discount. We will list your proposed location to help artists find and join you.
If you have extra space, consider hosting another artist in your studio. For example, an artist showing wall-hung works might host a tabletop jeweler.
Reserve an Available Space for Rent
Contact the following to find a shared studio that will work for you.
- Art Works Downtown (TBD for 2023) – 1337 4th Street, San Rafael. Available both weekends. Contact Stan Gibbs, 415-451-8119, email@example.com
- Bay Model (Confirmed for 2023)- 2100 Bridgeway, Sausalito. Installation May 1, 9am-1pm. Contact Dan Cassidy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Available May 2-May 13. Not open Sundays.
- Crome Architecture (TBD for 2023) – 905 4th Street, San Rafael. Available both weekends. Contact Lauren Purcell, 415-521-5225, email@example.com.
- Falkirk Cultural Center (Confirmed for 2023) – 1408 Mission Ave., San Rafael. Contact Cristina Farhang, 415-485-3343, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibition in galleries May 5-June 9. Opening reception May 4, 5-8pm. Install May 1-3, 9am-4pm. MOS dates are May 6 and 7, and May 14. Uninstall June 12-14, 9am-4pm.
- Rates: $100 per room plus 30% of sales, or $300 per room, no percentage taken.
- Marin Art and Garden Center (Confirmed for 2023) – 30 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Ross. Contact: Iris Lax, 415-455-5260, email@example.com. Curated. $300 both weekends. Event posted to newsletter, eblast and social media.
- Marin Society of Artists (TBD for 2023) – 1515 Third Street, San Rafael. Available both weekends. Contact John Henry, 510-684-3213, firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting nonmembers after 12/15/22. $75-$180 for 60-144 sq ft.
- Tiburon Landmarks Art and Garden Center (TBD for 2023) – 841 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon. Contact Linda Sempliner, 415-717-6278, email@example.com. Banquet tables and wall space provided. Certificate of insurance statement required and 20% donation for sold artwork to Landmarks Society.
- Unity Church Patio (Confirmed for 2023) – 600 Palm Drive, Novato. Available first weekend only Contact Linda Sempliner, 415-717-6278, firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizer: Mark Schatz.
- Venture Pad (Confirmed for 2023) – 1020 B Street, San Rafael. Available both weekends. Contact Chris Yalonis, 415-309-0331, email@example.com.