Tour Guide Image & Publicity Information
Submit only digital images. Do not submit original material or slides.
Tour Guide image:
- Upload one image of your artwork to be included in the Tour Guide when you register for Marin Open Studios 2019 at marinopenstudios.org
- Artwork image should be jpeg format, 1,000 pixels tall or wide (whichever is larger).
- If you have problems uploading your image with your registration form (sometimes happens when images are very large), email your image as an attachment directly to email@example.com. Include your name and artwork title.
Optional publicity images:
- Have at least 5 high resolution, professionally photographed images of your artwork. High resolution means 300 dpi, at least 1 megapixel.
- Have at least 1 image of yourself working in your studio or talking with people in your studio – these are “action” images.
- Email your publicity images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity materials can come at any time, but are most useful if submitted by April 1, 2018.
Marin Open Studios publicity:
- If you have an idea for a feature story / publicity angle, email your story to email@example.com. We reserve the right to determine which stories to pursue.
- Post the Marin Open Studios event on your own website.
- Artists may consider the following publicity tactics:
- Postcards are still good! People like to get something nice in the mail.
- Email announcements are great because they are free. Send out multiple email announcements leading up to your Open Studio.
Publicity through social media:
- Facebook and Instagram
- “Like” the Marin Open Studios Facebook page if you haven’t already (facebook.com/marinopenstudios) Follow MOS on Facebook.
- You can (and should) post comments on our Facebook page. Let people know you’ve registered, attended an event, etc.
- Ask your contacts to “Like” and follow Marin Open Studios on Facebook
- Join Instagram and post at least once a week. Follow MOS on Instagram@marinopenstudio
- Place a link to the MOS website, marinopenstudios.org on your website. This will give you the benefit on more exposure.
- Videos are great to have for publicity. If you have a video or YouTube page, post it on the Marin Open Studios Facebook page and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patch.com – we use patch to post articles, announcements & blog posts. Again, send your stories to email@example.com. Include photos and videos!
- Nextdoor.com is a free, private social network for your neighborhood. Join Nextdoor.com and promote Marin Open Studios to everyone in your neighborhood (and adjoining neighborhoods!)
- Meetup.com is another great place to post your Open Studio.
- MOS has a list of event sites available to share with your. We recommend you post your open studio to those sites. To receive the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org