The Marin Open Studios Gallery features artwork by each registered artist.
The 2018 Gallery location is to be determined. The Gallery will open in the third week in April. Gallery hours are generally 11 am - 6 pm, Tuesdays through Sundays (closed Mondays).
- Each participating artist can show one piece in the Preview Exhibition.
- Size limit for artwork is to be determined.
- The art drop-off date is Wednesday, April TBD. The pick-up date is Monday, May 14. If you cannot do this yourself, you must have someone drop off your artwork for you. Artwork that is not picked up at the end of the exhibition is subject to a storage fee of $5 / day.
Staffing & sales:
- The gallery will be staffed by one Gallery Manager and volunteer Docents.
- Volunteer Docents are responsible for greeting visitors, handing out Tour Guides, talking to visitors about Marin Open Studios and the artwork in the gallery.
- The Gallery Manager is responsible for opening and closing the gallery and for facilitating artwork sales.
- Sales are between the buyer and the artist. Buyers pay the artists directly. Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax. Sellers permits can be obtained through the State Board of Equalization by contacting (800) 400-7115 or http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm.
- Commissions on sales: Marin Open Studios requires a 20% commission of the artwork sale price for any piece that is sold through the Gallery. Artists pay the commission directly to Marin Open Studios at the time of sale.
- The preview Gala at the Gallery is a fun and traditionally well attended by 800 people. The event kicks off the Marin Open Studios production. Meet collectors, art lovers and artists from your community. Enjoy appetizers from local restaurants, wine and great conversation.
- The Gala date is TBD