The Marin Open Studios Gallery features artwork by each registered artist.
The Preview Exhibition Gallery is 325 Town Center, Corte Madera
- The Gallery will be open beginning Saturday, April 20, 2021. The last day open is Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- The gallery will be open 11 am- 6pm, Tuesdays through Sundays.
- Each participating artist can show one piece in the Preview Exhibition.
- Size limit for artwork will depend on the number of participating artists and the size of the gallery space. In recent years, the size limit has been 28" wide x 48" high for 2D artwork and 50 lb weight limit for 3D artwork. Artists will be notified of the size limit for 2021 after the gallery location is secured.
- Artists are responsible for dropping off and picking up their artwork from the gallery on the designated drop off and pick up days (TBD). If you cannot do this yourself, you must have someone drop off your artwork for you. Artwork that is not picked up at the end of the exhibition is subject to a storage fee of $5 per day.
Staffing & sales:
- The gallery will be staffed by one Gallery Manager and volunteer Docents.
- Volunteer Docents are responsible for greeting visitors, handing out Tour Guides, talking to visitors about Marin Open Studios and the artwork in the gallery.
- The Gallery Manager is responsible for opening and closing the gallery and for facilitating artwork sales.
- Sales are between the buyer and the artist. Buyers pay the artists directly. Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax. Sellers permits can be obtained through the State Board of Equalization by contacting (800) 400-7115 or http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm.
- Commissions on sales: Marin Open Studios requires a 20% commission of the artwork sale price for any piece that is sold through the Gallery. Artists pay the commission directly to Marin Open Studios at the time of sale.
Gala: The Gala will not be held this year.
- The preview Gala at the Gallery is a fun and traditionally well attended by 800 people. The event kicks off the Marin Open Studios production. Meet collectors, art lovers and artists from your community. Enjoy appetizers from local restaurants, wine and great conversation.
- The Gala will be held on Saturday, April 24th from 5-8pm at 325 Town Center in Corte Madera.